[PSUBS-MAILIST] Kittredge MBT question

Dan H and all,

Captain George has 4" channel on his prints for the main ballast tank supports. Seems a might excessive to me. Did you cut this down? It seems like I remember a tripod support on Patience. Yes, no? What size material did you use? I'm rebuilding this one, and the old stuff is long gone, but it looks like 2" was used, originally, also three legged. Do you think that will take enough flex out? And I'm not using the honking big aft thruster this time, so won't need to support that extra tonnage in back. I'm going to build a bottom to the tank that will tie into the shells I have, then wrap around the structual steel and extend downward in the middle--not quite like yours, but similar. The idea being to get this thing done with and in the water, of course.

Vance