Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Frank's pics

    Hi guys. Here's 4 new pics of the never ending body work. It took me about 1 1/2 days to make the steel frame for the front end ( still just tacked together. Another day or so to finish welding and adding the gussets ) and then back to the foam. ( Ya, another month long gig.)
The tubes making up the front and rear structure will be filled with oil to add weight, and prevent corrosion on the inside. I had a hair brained idea of filling them with Li-ion batteries, but the cost would be many thousands !
  The front fairing is starting to take shape, but it's a slow process while I wait for the multiple coats of mud to dry. Still, I'm getting better at it. What a pain getting the back fairing off the frame ! Guess I got a little crazy with the glue.
    As you can see, when it's done, glassed, and installed, the back fairing will be attached with hinges at the front. That way I can access the 120 cu. ft. air tank strapped under there, and inspect the plumbing and paint and what ever else may need attention.
With a little wrenching, all the stuff attached to the hull comes right off so if I want to add something or fix the paint or what ever, a couple hours and I'm down to a bare hull.
I have a long range plan to replace the whole rear section/ballast assembly with a modular section encompassing an on-board diesel, fuel tanks, gen set, and more batteries. All in a pressure compensated tank. ( Damn, I'm gonna need a bigger truck ! ) I'll need to put a hatch on that section as well, that's large enough to get the equipment in and out.
Haven't spent any time yet on specifics, but I have a picture in my head of how it might all come together.
   The front end is similar in that it can be changed out with a modular unit, but with the windows there, the options are some what limited. ( I'm really not that keen on the shape of it right now, but I didn't want to block the view.) Anyway, take a look and feel free to comment. I love the input I get from you guys. Frank D.