From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 5:07 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] VBT

Hi Brian. Good to hear from you. Ya, that's what my concern is. Going from fresh water to salt water and back again will require a fairly large buoyancy adjustment. Not sure how much is required, but it can't hurt to have a little extra, provided there's room for it. I think I can tuck that little propane tank that Greg C. posted a link to near the bottom and in back. With the movable lead bricks inside, I should be able to get the sub to run level. Wet test will be very informative as to how much and where at. ( for lots of things.)
I'm going to hold off on the seat until I see how it all balances, and how it drives. I think just a big round pillow inside ( like the bottle on " I Dream Of Jenie" TV show.) will suffice until I get a feel for how weight shifting and  window viewing works. I've got the parts to make the bench seat slide forward/backward and that should help with trim angle. In the mean time, just moving forward or backward on the pillow will give me an idea as to where the center needs to be. Hey!.... I might even be able to take a nap in there.
Still hoping to dunk it in August, and see where adjustments are needed. I'll post it here so if you want to come up for the weekend just let me know. Bring the wife and kids. Well have some fun.( Damn! Hope it don't leak! ) I'm planning on taking it to a lake close by. They've got a nice big boat ramp, a small sandy beach, and it's only about 70 feet deep max. I don't know if it'll be ready to submerge then, but I can at least test all the systems and motor around scaring the kiddies with the shark fin.
If the lake is too shallow in August, I'll take it to the harbor in Santa Cruz which is actually closer. I wanted to test it in fresh water first in case it fills up with water but either location will work. Anyway, I'll keep you informed. Frank D.