Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Lathe Problems

Hello

Thanks for that.  I'll give it a try.  What speed did you have the machine set on to cut the 304?

Thanks
James

> I also have a light weight lathe with a babbet head stock, what i found to
> work for me was to cut the tool bit with a high rake about 35' this allowed me
> to make .050 deep cuts in 304 ss with good results also the tooling was set
> slitely above the c/l   try it and see if it works for you

In a message dated 3/25/2008 12:04:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
james@guernseysubmarine.com writes:

Hey  Frank.

> I don't know anything about machining, but that's a great  job on building
> web site. Frank D.

Thanks!   Unfortunately it takes over half an hour to update it now as i have
to  recompile the whole thing and upload it all.  Luckily i can do it while
im at work ;)

Right, im off to try Dan and Jims ideas for the  lathe.

James