Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] MBT air lock

Thanks for the encouragement Vance. It's especially appreciated coming from you. I didn't get the drift on the ''inverted stand pipe''. Are you saying to put the pipe on the open hole at the bottom of the tank, projecting into the tank 6 inches, or hanging down from the bottom of the tank? I was planning on just a round hole at the low point, with a shaped cover that would prevent water from being forced into the tank when motoring on the surface. The shape of the tanks will be fairly easy to do in stainless sheet, and will fit closely to the FRP body, which will have plenty of room/gaps for the water to escape when blowing the tanks. It's the FRP body that has slowed me down. It's more of a ''sculpture'' than a fabrication at this point.
Do you live in Florida? I'd like to visit Daytona this year, and thought maybe I could drive down and take you out for lunch. Frank D.