Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:57 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] k-350 Modifications

I am going to start my k-350 here in about a month. We are pretty close to being prepped for the project. I would like to ask everyone for suggestions from previous experience about what modifications to the k-350 you all would have done if you could have gone back and done it again to improve the use and cost of production. I am pretty sure I am going to make the con tower a little bit shorter to reduce the above water weight while surfaced and to make the sub a little more stable. I have heard making an enclosed ballast is better to reduce settling. I have also heard rumors about using trawling motors instead of thrusters. Suggestions?
Thanks,
Scott Waters