Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] FEA of a Basic Flat Acrylic Viewport

Hi Vance. The conical window sounds like the best design. The down side is the extra machining costs. The geometry of the conical design seems like it would make the window stronger as the pressure increases. I can see where removal would be a lot easier too. If you had to remove a viewport for some reason, and were able to re-use it, that would certainly offset the extra up front machining costs. I think my next sub will use this design, as I can see the several advantages of a conical mounting make sense. Frank D.