From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 11:18 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] FEA of a Basic Flat Acrylic Viewport

Hello Dan. What type of urethane did you use to bed your lens in ? I much prefer the urethane seal versus the O ring or gasket approach. My thought is this.... with a 2 inch backing ring and a 3 inch thick lens, I have 5 inches of seal for the water to get through, rather than 2 inch for a gasket, or 1/4 inch for an O ring.
With urethane on the outside, covered by the retainer ring, the seal increases to 7 inches.
I will be ordering the three pieces from Greg soon, and was planning on calling the Sika Flex people for a recommendation. I'd appreciate any thoughts and experience you could provide. Thanks, Frank D.
Also.....Nice work Brent!