From: james@guernseysubmarine.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Coved O-ring Groove
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:38:17 +0000

Hi Brent.

> James are your hatch and conning tower flanges SS or cladded with SS?

The hatch ring is ordinary A516 gr70 and the ring on the tower is stainless 316L.

I was talking to an X Royal Navy submariner the other day and he told me that they use a wooden cover that fits over the hatch seat when its open to protect it from scratches and damage as personel go in and out.  Sounds like a good idea to me and im going to make one today.

Regards
James