RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Coved O-ring Groove

Greetings James,

Your right, I am on another planet. We finally got two way internet installed over here on the ice world of Hoth.

Your hatch and conning tower look to be to heavy and shiny to be of any use to you. So you should just crate them up and send them on over to me.  I have a good use for them over here.  Just don't forward the machining bill. ;)'

As for the gland, the K-250 plans show a 15 degree angle, which looked to me like it was a little more over kill then needed. So it makes sense to me that George lightened that up a bit to 10 degrees for the K-350's.  I've seen a couple of other gland drawings that show the sharp outside corners of the gland being rounded over just a touch to about a .005" radius. Seems to me that if that was done, it would help prevent some damage to the O-ring in some situations, as well as help keep paint from chipping if it is needed on that flanges surfaces.

James are your hatch and conning tower flanges SS or cladded with SS? I can see were if a person wanted to clad the flange that has the gland in it, and you wanted the gland to also be cladded, that you could first machine in a over sized gland. Then fill it with SS and then machine it again to your finished specs. But it might very well be cheaper to get the same strength of the steel flange with a little larger SS one.

Cheers,
Brent

   "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it frustrates you and annoys the pig."
                                                                            ~ Mark Twain

" Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in."

                                                                                         ~Unknown

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around."
                                                                    ~Unknown