[PSUBS-MAILIST] K-250 + 25 years

Hello,

I found the following description of a presentation at the 2008 Underwater
Intervention being held this week in New Orleans.  I will be attending the
conference today (1/30) but unfortunately this was presented yesterday
(1/29) so I didn't get a chance to attend it.  This sounds like a pretty
good testiment to the longevity of small submersibles assuming you keep up
with maintenance.

Dan H., I'll see if I can find out more info on this one for the database
you are creating.

Jon

---------------------------------

The Trilobite K250 Submersible:
25 Years of Exploration in California and Mexico
By: Dr. Michael Smith
Pasadena, California USA

The presentation offers a 25 year historical review of the underwater
technologies that emerged since
the start of this adventure that started in 1974 with the purchase of a
K-250 Kittredge submersible. The
story covers the search of a missing airplane and its secret cargo that took
the submersible and its
crew between San Diego and Baja Mexico. Many modifications to the
submersible equipment illustrate
well the progression of subsea technologies and the struggles of the early
beginnings to provide the
sophisticated tools we have today. A passionate and unique story of a
submersible, its captain and its
secret.