From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:59:49 -0500
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn-Kota Thrusters -- Was: teathers
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Hi guys. Here's a quick little sketch of the controller box and linkage. As I said earlier, I want to have the box mobile so I can stand up in the sub with my head sticking out to drive on the surface. I wish I was better at doing the computer graphics ( like Brent or Joe Perkle ) but this will give you some idea of how it works. Again, the Minnkota speed controllers have lugs on them where the wires from the motors plug in, and the wires from the batteries plug in. With 4 motor/controller joysticks, that equals 16 wires so the cable will be a little bulky, but still very flexible. The top of my sub is 52 inches from the floor, so I can stand up inside and my head and shoulders will be in the open hatch, giving me good vision all around while driving around on the surface like at the dock etc. Frank D.