Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] gas piping through hull

Hi All,

This may sound like a dumb question, but why use a male pipe nipple thru the hull as compared to a female threaded nipple. It seems to me that the female thread would have much less chance of being damaged for two reasons. 1. the threads are internal. 2. The nipple can protrude less because of it's length. I understand that the threads inside the coupling will distort with welding, but would think that this is easily remedied with a tap.

Can anyone comment? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Jim Kocourek