From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Brian Cox
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 10:49 AM
To: Personal_Submersibles@Psubs. Org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Diving Catalina Island

Hi All,
         I had a rather unsettling experience out at Catalina Island
this weekend.  While diving on the back side of the island, looking for
lobster, we were towards the end of our dive at about 35'  we decided to
drop down a bit so I raised my air expel hose from my BC to release some
air, but since this equipment was still somewhat unfamiliar to me I
accidentally hit the air inject button instead !  Which sent me to the
surface.  I had injected enough air so that there was no way I could
expel the air in time to make me go back down.  I think was rising at
about the speed of my bubbles and I
breathed out the whole time going up.   It really made me think, in that
situation I really had no way of preventing my accent.  If for  some
reason a valve like that decided to stick on I don't see too many
options for correcting that situation.  I would think an abient sub
would have the same issue.  Any thoughts on a solution to a problem like
that?

Brian Cox

automated process and should be complete within five minutes of our
server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 53
Weare, NH  03281