[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hatch question..

Hi All.

Seems a bit quiet on the message board these days, so ive got a question to ask everyone.!

Im building my hatch at the moment.  I was really worried about causing distortion so had to make a flatbed to hold it down for welding.  I have nearly finished welding the hatch ring to the dish.  Just one last run to go.  But, I'm worried about the weld on the inside that i have to do next.  I know Alec had some problems with his and i am anxious to avoid the same issues.

I've got no idea how i could cramp the hatch down upside down to hold it flat.  If i just weld it now as it is, do you think it will distort?  Do i need to make something to cramp it flat?

Its all gone really well so far so i don't want to mess it up.

you can see how it went here.   http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/index_files/Page6935.htm

Many thanks
James