From: ShellyDalg@aol.com [mailto:ShellyDalg@aol.com]
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 23:52:28 EST
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] E 310 - Mo

Hi James. Although I am using TIG rod for root welds and welding 516-70 to
stainless, the ''E'' rod chemical composition is the same...ie...309.
This type of rod is the standard for joining steel to stainless.
I've been welding for many years, and the results have always been  good.
The few times I've used arc rod 309, I was welding stainless to stainless,
and it flows really good.
This rod is pretty common, and shouldn't be hard to locate.
If your supplier doesn't carry it, get a new supplier.
The rod works good, doesn't rust up, and comes in a variety of sizes.
Frank D.

products.