Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Propellers

Hi Juergen,

Sounds like it would reduce incidences of injury by
making it harder to hit someone with the blade edges.
I think it would still be able to suck line, rope and
kelp into the blades for entablement. All they
eleminated was the blade edge snagging on somethng.

Does it improve performance. That would depend on the
length of the ring and its shape. If shaped like a
kort nozzle then yes, it would be more effecient. Just
a short flat ring, the not very. The idea would be to
force the prop wash that radiate off the blade edges
into a useful direction.

Regards,
Ray

--- Juergen Guerrero Kommritz <groplias2@yahoo.com>