Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Underwater communications

I think the only issue that you might experience in regards to that working is one, the microphones ability to pick up the ultra low frequencies that would have to be transmitted. And then also, you would have to factor in subterranean  and ocean sounds that also resonate on those frequencies and then have a computer try to calculate what is being transmitted versus what is just being picked up by the hydrophone. Those seem to be the biggest issues I see facing such a system. Well and then besides having the frequency change happen on the fly, not to sure how well that would happen, I would be more sure about recording, transforming, then transmitting. Any other thoughts?

-Bryce Y.