From: Dan. H. [mailto:jumachine@comcast.net]
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 22:27:52 -0400
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Additional Viewports.

James,

The more you can see the better, of course.  I find that most of the time
I'm using my K-350, I'm sitting with my head in the conning tower. I'm stuck
in the conning tower because on most dives, I take a passenger and they
prefer to lay on the deck with their nose to the large forward viewport.  I
really can't see to much threw the conning tower viewports because of murky
water.  Most of what I see is around and over my passengers head, in that
same large viewport.  But when I do dive alone, I prefer to be lying down on
the deck myself and view from the large viewport.

If I were planning to dive most of the time alone, I'd seriously think about
adding the two viewports as John did only I would put them one frame farther
forward.  So when your lying on the deck you can look left and right as well
as look forward.

For the person sitting up in the conning tower, they might be to small to
see much.  I think things will be going by to fast to see much being that
far from the smaller viewport.  Even if your sitting still, if you were five
feet from the bottom, you would see about one square foot at best.

I don't think I ever dove my sub with anyone looking out the aft side
viewports.
They always prefer to be up front where there is a better view.

Dan H