Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] UC3 Roll Out

I agree with you.  It is best to keep sinking ships to computer games.  Will make a plug for Silent Hunter 3.

After reading a few posts, the idea of a live abord submarine does appeal to me.  And seeing how I am in the begining stages, working with thumb drawings, and scratch paper.  Just wanted some thoughts on what I am thinking.  It will have:

A snort
a periscope
100 m + diving depth
diesel engines
ROV (optional)
portholes
60' to 100' length
2-3 person operation
head w/shower
3 cabins
it will be long range (range not know at this time)

What do you think?

James

James Devine <jmdrocks2002@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello all,
    I haven't posted in quite a while, and am quietly doing component design work. I felt I had to post on this. I'm a little concerned about people in this group advocating using our boats to kill. You may be just joking about going after the Japanese, but that is not what others might think. You just give ammunition to those who might end (over-regulate) our work. In short, it's not very funny.
Jim

James Huffman <grandadmiraldonitz@yahoo.com> wrote:
I also agree that the UC3 is a magnificent boat.

I would like to point out that sinking whaling ships via submarine, seems to be something out of SeaQuest DSV.  However I do agree with the idea.

James

Stephen Pearce <sjpearceqld@bigpond.com> wrote:
Peter

Congratulations on completing UC3 to this near complete stage. She?s a magnificent boat and well worth the effort and sacrifices you have made to bring her into being. You will have to sail her across the Atlantic for the next P-subs convention. J

If you can install a few torpedo tubes I would like to hire her to deal with some Japanese whalers that will be hunting Humpbacks this season!

Warm regards

Steve Pearce