RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Open Discussion's Allowed in PSUB's Mailing List

Hi Brent,

 > My poor mother was my teacher for a couple of years, and I would ask her
> a question on a academic item I knew she must know, and she wouldn't tell
> me the answer(s). She wanted me to find it for myself, and I used to hate
> that. But it made me more self reliant, so that means she was a great teacher.
> Here it's a bit different, there's not as much of a need to hold back information
> one knows, not that discovering it for yourself along with loads of other
> supporting data isn't important as well in ones educational growth.

I wouldn't characterize it that way although I can understand why it may seem like that.  If people are holding back information, it's not because they want to force you into self-discovery as some kind of lesson.  It's likely because they are afraid of potential liability issues associated with the transfer of information.

Jon