Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 19:39:56 -0700
From: cliffordredus@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Double O-Ring On A Hatch
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Brent,

I concur with Vance, Carsten and Peter ..., a single o-ring with the correct hardness is the way to go.  See technical note http://www.satoriseal.com/Technical/introduction_to_o-rings.htm on how o-ring is design to move within it's machined grove under pressure to seal.  Hatch upper and lower faces need land face to face.    If you are designing a hatch, pick a standard size so that you do not have to introduce a splice.

Cliff

Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.
Samuel Johnson