[PSUBS-MAILIST] Alternative dive spots near the convention?

Title: Alternative dive spots near the convention?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of all those zebra mussels hard at work making good visibility in the lakes up north, and the fact the convention is in a pond that I understand to be featureless. A big attraction of the pond is the availability of a crane and the controlled conditions, so please don't think I'm criticizing it's selection for the event. But can any of the locals suggest a nearby dive spot I may trailer Snoopy to as a side trip? If there are any wrecks or other interesting sites near a boat ramp, or even just clear water, I'd be really interested. It doesn't need to be an ambitious expedition to the middle of Lake Michigan, since surface support would probably consist of inflatable pool toys. OK, maybe a convention-goer's kayak, but presumably nothing capable of towing. Snoopy is not too demanding in terms of boat ramps, and so far I've always been able to launch from them. But the key is to find a spot within a few hundred yards of a ramp, not within a few miles of it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alec