RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stainless Steel Pressure Tanks 100% MIG Welded

Brent,

Failure modes are different for internal pressure vice external pressure.  In the case of a PSUB, buckling of the hull cylinder is the most prevalent mode of failure.  Pressure tests to destruction on the K-series of subs found that the viewport was the first to go.

What point are you attempting to make here with this example?

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

A skimmer afloat is but a submarine, so poorly built it will not plunge.