Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Magnetic coupler

I have seen some "off the shelf " couplers, and it looks like it would be very simple to put a "canned" motor on one. A bolted flange set-up, welded to the coupler, with the other flange welded to the can containing the motor.
As for heat dissipation, couldn't the motor be surrounded by a coil of tubing with the tubing ends protruding through the exterior "can" so water could flow through?
If the whole thing was aluminum ( mag coupler, can, flanges, tubing) then it would all weld together.
Next is how to attach the propeller.
 Couldn't a coupler be made with rollers so a separate frame isn't needed to keep the prop and coupler aligned with the other half of the coupler?
I'll make a sketch and see if I can put a link so you all can see what I was thinking of. Frank D.