Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Saucer Sub Design

Thanks Brent and you're right. The two "skids" are really hull stiffeners, and will be the mounting brackets for a movable drop weight to change dive angle.
I won't be able to get an accurate drop weight until I get it wet and see how much it takes to make her go down. Rough guess after adding all the gear ( lots of guessing here ) is a 750 lb. drop weight with lots more lead in the floor as bricks in a stiffening grid welded inside on the floor. Frank D.