From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Lil Brother
LLC
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2007 6:43 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Control considerations

Although I have not completely read the archives (I'm working on it), I have
some views on the considerations for the sub systems that I've not seen
addressed.

1 atm subs(internal pressure):

    We know the air will be come saturated with CO2, and I know a scrubber
is in the design phase. I haven't seen any response to the system.....but
I'm sure the design team is working on the idea.

    What is the common idea to replacing the used O2 within the sub? Pure O2
or just compressed air? I see compressed air as being a problem and waste of
scrubber material. I guess is it all a cost versus design/availability
challenge. Also I'm not sure how hard pure O2 would be
to purchase. I know you can buy industrial O2, but I'm not sure if I want to
be breathing it.

    Also what means of relieving the extra pressure within the hull are
being implemented? Compressor?(to the exterior ofcourse) Is anyone using a
device to relieve the internal pressure of added air?     How is it
controlled and what type of unit?