[PSUBS-MAILIST] UC3 rollout

Dear Psubbers,

Some say that making the hull of a ship is nothing, the big job is the outfitting...

Here in Copenhagen we are finally ending our work on UC3´s basic steal structures - her keel,
pressure hull, bow and stern sections are curently being painted - and the sail is readied for mount. Its a separate section since our building is only 5 meters tall and the boat can´t fit in with the sail on it.

In the next few weeks the boat will rolled out and final assembly can start. We also do this because the six meter propeller shaft needs to get in from the back - and that would need a hole in the wall to do this inside. Its wonderfull to realice - that we will have to use our crane to fit the propeller due to its size and weight - 44 inch diameter by 32 inch "increase per rev"...not that size matters...

Exposed to US spy satellites outside - any remaining reasons not to make photos of the thing public disappears - so I guess UC3 will emerge behind the iron curtain soon.

Infact - the main reason for the no photo policy is that I don't own a digital camera, and that she fills out almost all of the 10 x 30 meters workshop with is machines and other stuff - and thus is difficult to make a good snapshot of her.

In all we are an still on schedule for a spring 2008 launch.

Regards

Peter Madsen

Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at få 19083 spam-mails
Betalende brugere får ikke denne besked i deres e-mails.
Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her.