From: Ken F
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] VBT's & The Apology

Thanks Vance,

That's the exact reply I was looking for in the first place.  Thanks for "breaking it down for me" so that I can understand it.

Ken, The method has to do with the built in compensating system for weapons discharge, and the negative tank/varaible ballast system to offset and control release of heavier equipment (such as their subs). We've got some Navy guys on line who'll have better information about that kind of thing. And the point is, of course, that this has been an apples and oranges conversation. Psubs don't have all those tons of water and pumps and eight or nine dozen people to cope with these issues. Which IS the point, I suppose. Vance