To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 10:20 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Collition with surface vessel

Peter,
I will ensure that because of your remote location you get your hands on the research on "Dolphin Ear" hydrophone construction technics and practical array configurations. This research is ongoing and once a working unit hits the water, Passive sonar will be common to most psubs. I would like also to point out that the method I use is understandably not "The" way to incorporate passive sonar on submarines, but a single method. I would encourage anyone with "any" ideas that could assist a submariner in avoiding a collision either bring it, or provide it to someone who will be attending this years psub meet and together we all will benifit from each and others research in this area. A future finalnal chapter I will include will be "Practical sonar plotting for the purpose of collision avoidance"