Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Propane Tank Submarines, Racing in a Hay Field ; )'

IIRC, ABS requires that a certified sub be designed to accommodate an internal
pressure of 1atm above ambient.

Also, despite considerable research and corresponding background knowledge,
James Cameron took a fair bit of artistic leeway with that film.  If you look at
the DeepCore rig, the moon pool air/water interface is actually at a higher
level than the lower hatches of the tri-module cylinders, which of course would
not permit opening those hatches without flooding these structures to the moon
pool level.

-Sean