From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 7:34 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] About snorkels.

Would a p-trap arrangement with a one way valve to dump the water out the bottom work?
When you submerge, the water pressure would keep the valve closed, and when you surface, the weight of the water inside the snorkel would open the valve and let the water out.
A light spring would keep the valve closed when you have the motor off and begin to submerge, while a poppet valve at the top of the snorkel would keep most of the water out. Then, when you come up, any water in the trap would leak out through the trap valve. Frank D.