Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete sub - sand and gravel

Just a thought....How do you know you don't have bubbles or other voids in the pour, if you can't see it?
Would a vacuum pump work to suck out the air as the cement is being injected?
Sorry, but I'm a welder, and like the idea of steel hulls.
If I want to add something, or repair the hull, or even cut in another window, I can break out the torch.
Is it possible to cut into a cement hull?
The main advantage I see of a concrete hull is its compressive strength.
Just seems like it would be hard to modify later.
Frank D.