Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Elliptical Heads

Hi. I'm using the same material for my sub project.  It works well, and although I'm using a different design, I am using the 2:1 semi eliptical heads.
They seem to me to give a good curve, and are a one piece design.
Here in USA, I have them fabricated for $1000 each at 3/8" thick, 84 inch diameter, as516-70 steel.
Hot steel spun from a single sheet.
The tube section is only 8 inches long, and the dome sections are top and bottom vs. end caps.
The material is easy to weld, forms with a small torch( good plasticity) and is strong as the welds I'm laying down.
Good luck in your project/adventure.....Frank D.