Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] basic design help

I have reached a point in my initial design and sure would
appreciate a few basic questions answered. From this point
on I will be doing serious modeling, and really would like
the first attempt to be really stupid.

First I am planning on normal propane shaped pressure hull
power will be from ambient trolling motors.
an outer hull will be built for resistance as I want to
explore large areas of Lake Superior, speed will be
a large consideration. Working depth 400-500 ft fw
pressure hull design to have crush depth of >1500

First I will be using control surfaces for cruising.
I am planning on using hydraulic cylinders to operate
these with an on demand hydraulic electric pump.
The cylinders will be wet with hydraulic hoses thru
hull for control valves. Am also looking at a basic
mechanical arm using hydraulic cylinders.

Electrical components, can I seal in liquid acrylic
to withstand pressure and can the wires be sealed
with the same acrylic encasement, or do they need to be water
proof connectors.

I am planning on multiple fish finder sonars, and probably one
of the new fish finder side scan sonars. Will the transducers
epoxied to the hull handle these depths with out added
acrylic type reinforcement.

I also would like to tow an antenna on the surface for
GPS guidance and radio communications. Is this a
pipe dream, has it been done.

Is humidity a problem inside the hull during dives
also I will be operating in a constant water temp
of 47 degrees F do I need heat

Well that sure is enough questions. These are my hold
ups at the present to continue with my design. I want
to thank everyone for assistance so far. I do not think
I would be able to accomplish my dreams without
all of you

Thank you very much
Dean Ackman