RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Storm and SUB

"Jay K. Jeffries" <bottomgun@mindspring.com> schrieb:

> 5.                   If free-ascent is a viable option, start it at the
> earliest possible point as rising CO2 levels, numbing cold, fatigue and
> other developing catastrophes make it much more difficult later.
>

> Respectfully,
>
> Jay K. Jeffries
>
> Andros Is., Bahamas

Hi Jay - that is a question raising my attention. On Peppers sub, Emile and I have the possibilty to release three screws on the front dome, relase the inside scuba gear from the dive system and the wall. Open the snorckel vale and flood the boat via a pipe from the snorckel breazing vale to the bottom of the pressure hull via a hose to make the pressure comensation to leave the boat.

It the boat catch a net on a wreck - what will be the time to leave- After an half hour and all thrusters now hopeless in the net - the pilot fresh and clear ? Or after 8 hours - the Co2 monitor showing some alarm at 1-5 % Co2.. ? I was under the impression that the latest point on day light will be the best so the guys on the surface can do some rescue operations...

Item to be discuss..

Ps about drag.. If Nemo with his three motors and two sail is under full speed underwater - Peppers can turn cyles around this sub like a shark.. with one Minkota 55 lbs. And in the afternoon when Nemo is on the pier and chargeing his batterys - Peppers switch on the light fo a late night dive - and that with the smaller battery..
But in my opinion a open sea psubs needs a sail - or a supply boat with a good working crane.

best regrads Carsten