Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] hydraulic efficiency questions

 I have all that I can to work with here. I have found much info in here than I expected but I am going to have to work with a family friend engineer if I can find one to iron out the last simple details. it just seems like simple math. but its not. can anyone tell me how much weight it takes to make one cubic foot of air bouyant. in general not an exact number so I can make general calculations to get close to my idea. I lost the last info that I got and will not make that mistake again. once I figure on a general numer I can refine my plans.

-----Original Message-----
From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 9:38 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] hydraulic efficiency questions

My advice to anyone thinking of spending on and building a sub. Learn all you can, and build some models to play with. They are easy and cheap, lotsa fun, and very educational. In the early years, I had some pretty far-out ideas about what I thought was possible. After a few years of off-hours education, and some serious modeling exercises, I hope I have a design that will fit my expectations. Jay was right! You have to have a clear idea of what you expect to achieve, and use that as a starting point. Stay flexible, and remember, the first step is the hardest.
Frank D.