Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] newbie questions

Hi again Kory. That sounds like a nice design. I like the inner-outer hull idea. To me, streamlining is a good idea. I spent some time ( and expense) modeling some different ideas for hulls, testing flow/power usage, and what size I thought I'd need to be comfortable. It was time and money well spent. The cost of steel is pretty high right now. Glad I didn't go with my first design. Have you thought about doing a mock-up to see how much room you'll have ?  I've been inside a 36 inch hull, and it was pretty tight. Another at 42 inch was better, but still small for two people. The shape I finally chose was a saucer at 84 inch dia. by 52 inch high.
I'll need a tower to keep wave splash out but it won't be part of the pressure hull. I found a tubular shape uses less power to move but has almost no side to side room for a passenger to share with. I've always liked the mini-sub shape like on Voyage-to-the-bottom-of-the-sea.
At 25 feet long, how much do you think your sub will weigh ? I want a small enough sub to haul behind my truck. Do you plan on going past 150 feet ? How will your windows be done.
Sorry, am I getting too nosy ? Hey.....Good luck, and maybe we can dive our subs together since we're both in Calif.
If you've got a rough sketch, send it out to the guys. We like looking at new ideas.
There's a sub -sub group ( pun intended) called frappr.com
and it has a map of where sub guys are. you can join it and there are some pics and stuff of some of the subs out there and also some people still in the design stage. Check it out, it's fun.
Be talkin to ya, Frank D.