RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Storm and SUB

Brian,

A wave moves the water around 10 times its height and we were getting tossed around enough that some personnel were getting sea sick.  This means that the surface waves were definitely greater than 40 feet in height.  The short time we were on the surface from the unintentional broach let us know that the seas were definitely running greater then 40 feet in height.

Subs also encounter what are termed internal waves in open water that have no correlation on the surface.  You can sometimes feel these internal waves as a slow rise and fall but you can definitely notice them when viewing a depth gage.

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

Natura nihil fit in frustra