From: "Rick and Marcia" <empiricus@telus.net>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] [was Malcontention] ANDROS VISIBILITY
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 23:25:08 -0700

Hi, Jay - you're welcome.

Communication is tough enough face-to-face. Email seems to have a built-in FUBAR factor. You've always struck me as a diplomatic sort and have often rolled my eyes at how you could possibly ignore the latest infraction, perceived tempest, etc.

Andros: I used to read Skin Diver when I was a boy and would come across articles on Andros. I understand the vis is exceptional. I'm loosely planning a trip down to Florida and would like to trailer my sub (to be built this winter - I hope!!). I dove the Keys and fell in lust with warm water, cool creatures and NO @#%$%!@ ICE!!!

I'm wondering if shipping it from Florida to the Bahamas would be worth it. It's decades since I've read up on the area. To my recollection, you've got great wall dives, great reefs, great vis., etc. How's the shore camping?

Any technical thoughts on subbing in the Bahamas? At the moment I'd be happy with a Lonely Planet tour book. But, again, it's a dream of mine to spend time down there. A father/son trip would be fantastic.

What do you think in terms of u/w attractions in the shortest distance? My sub is designed for touring and will be able to transit without surface support.

Your thoughts?

Rick L
Vancouver