From: "Stephen Pearce" <sjpearceqld@bigpond.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Is ABS Reliable?
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:01:03 +1000

Is ABS Reliable?
Dear Members
I have been made aware of a situation where the ABS calculations for
predicting the collapse of a pressure hull were wrong or
inappropriate.Is there anyone who has any information about any instance
like this or can clarify under what circumstances ABS can be relied on?
Are there any alterative standards that could be used that are readily
available?
Regards and thanks

Steve P