Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2006 4:15 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Malcontention

Things seem to have been quiet and peaceful here for a while...not a lot of traffic but some good informational exchanges.  Granted we have had a spammer or two and the recent ROV thread, while not always really PSUB material, has many worthwhile tidbits so we shouldn't really grouse about that.

Then we come to the periodic riling up of the PSUBS list.  On most lists this gets started by a different individual each time the disruption occurs and you can bear with it.  On the other hand, if a given individual does it often enough, you can either personally block mail from that person (but replies get through) or if the reprobate continues to cause issues, they are banned.  This can be a loss for the whole list as the banned or blocked individual may have sometime to offer worthwhile that 1% of the time that they are not an irritating, festering sore.  Their good gets lost in the deluge of aggravation that they case.  It is a rare time that a blocking or banning is necessary as the offending individual usually gets the message that their particular ethos is not in the character of the ebb and flow of a particular list...peer pressure is great!  Or they can get back on their lithium and once again can be a responsible member of the list.

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

Natura nihil fit in frustra