[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Need help with math

Alec Smyth wrote:

> There are some pretty comprehensive little manuals out there with an
> eminently practical focus, and they contain simple formulas for
> stress calculations, volumes, center of gravity, etc. A classic is
> the "Machinery's Handbook". I got mine second hand, and it's about
> the same age as I am. But it's still perfectly valid, the basics
> don't change.

A shortcut:  "Pocket Ref," by Thomas J. Glover.  ISBN 1-885071-00-0.
About $10, and at Barnes & Noble.

And, as Alec says, the old books still work.  Check at antique shops, old
book shops, and library sales for mechanical engineering textbooks.  I
found mechanical engineering handbooks by Kent (1915), Marks (1941),
and Esbach (1963).  I spent less than $50 for all these, over three or four
years.

Mike