Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stainless/aluminium hatch ring

My question is,  can I fabricate a stainless ring and connect it to what I have now ?   I could remove some of that material ( the ring part ) which is 3/4" thick so as to reduce the weight.  I'm afraid if I don't make that ring part thinner the hatch will be too dam heavy.

Hello,

I also think weight saving op top of your sub is an important issue. You have only weight stabilisation.
Personally I think alu is a good idea for weight, cost and machining reason. Corrosion prevention by painting  anodising or even not nessecary.
I made the hatch and domering for sgt. Peppers of alu for overall weight and stabilyty reason. See: http://home.hetnet.nl/~airesearch2/index.html (scroll down)
It is a flat hatch so it has to be thick an/or has frames

Regards, Emile

Is it possibel the Needlefish have stability problems due to the large/heavy tower structure??