Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stainless hatch ring

Yes you can attach a new SS ring to what you have....1/4 inch of SS and just weld it to it and have it machined back to flat...Dave  TIG  weld it.......If you can clamp it tight sa you weld it you may be fine as is..Dave

My question is,  can I fabricate a stainless ring and connect it to what I have now ?   I could remove some of that material ( the ring part ) which is 3/4" thick so as to reduce the weight.  I'm afraid if I don't make that ring part thinner the hatch will be too dam heavy.