Japanese subsRe: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Whatever happened to "finders keepers?"

 Somebody wrote: //  The jap minisub recently found in Hawaii is the same thing, yet there is a big political flap about it being a war grave and shouldn't be brought up. It looks to me like a submarine is a war grave when the federal government or state wants it to be and it somehow becomes an archaeological dig when they want it to be! //

This is probably moving offtopic but given the way the Japanese navy people treated our sailors and fliers when they captured them, I can't see how ANYTHING Americans do to their sunken warships and remins in them is truly disrespectful. I can't recall where I read it but apparently at Midway, a Japanese warship recovered some US flyers, interoigated them then tied iron weights to them and dropped them over the side. I have read that the survivors of sunken US subs were routinely beaten by the crew.

Now I know all the BS about how the japanese were raised in a military culture and treated their own pretty bad too, but that was an internal issue. When they played at wafr with the rest of the world they ought to have known that if the lost the victors would express their dismay at abuses of their people.

FWIW I believe that Hiroshima and Nagasaki are great events in American history. Our governemnt stood by its citizens, civillian and armed as well as our allies without worrying about what our enemies and the neutrals thought.

I don't hate the japanese but their misdeeds ought not to go un noticed nor unavenged.
The Japanese buile neat subs like the high speed as well as the aircraft carriers, midgets and cargo subs.

Larry Murray