[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hall effect sensors

Hi group.

In my search to find a magnetic actuated variable speed motor switch for my minnkota,

I came across a device called a Hall effect sensor.

This sensor detects the proximity of a magnet or ferrous material and might be what I am looking for and may help

some of you too. It would mean you could put the hall effect sensor in a watertight container and actuate it with a magnetic

field which would go thru the container's wall, making it totally watertight and not needing to use seals of any kind.

I need to locate a manufacturer who makes one that is either set up as a variable electrical output switch or can

be adapted to be. I will let you know what I find out when I find it out.

Here's some links.

Bill.

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:WI2OVUPsfOQJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_effect+hall+effect+sensor&hl=en

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:I_2hHDdlOrYJ:content.honeywell.com/sensing/prodinfo/solidstate/+hall+effect+sensor&hl=en