Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] carbon fibre

In my last below e mail I meant to say "or shallow depth 1 atm" instead of shallow depth ambient.

Bill.

----- Original Message -----
From: Akins
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2005 12:09 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] carbon fibre

Hi Simon.

Bye the way, good joke on the hard/soft ballast! Lol.

Ok, back to subs. I know a guy that bought a surplus lot of helicopter wing tanks made from bullet resistant kevlar that were 15 ft long and 1/2 inch thick.

He wanted $200.00 each for them. Not carbon fibre but kevlar would be very strong too. I was thinking of buying one to build another wetsub but didn't because

I need to finish my first wetsub project before I start another one. But I'll bet you could make a two person ambient or shallow depth ambient out of it and have

two acrylic domes for the operators with an electric motor with pvc battery pod on the keel. I still have the guys e mail address if anyone is interested.

Bill.