Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] scuba scrubber

so some of the bratheing air is expelled otherwise the nitrogen levels would rise - if nitrox is the added air type. ok i understand now. i originaly thought that it was like a rebreather that expells the co2 (i thought that was what thy said) but public TV can not be taken so seriously :( ill continue to search for such a system incase i find something ill continue this thread.

thnx silky

To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] scuba scrubber
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 19:20:41 -0700 (PDT)

However, a rebreather is not expelling CO2 out the
exhaust port in the unit behind the diver's head.  It
contains a scrubbing material that does absorb most of
the C02.  However, to maintain an adequate supply of
oxygen in the breathing air, nitrox is injected into
the breathing air in a bag in the unit.  This allows
some gas to escape and this is what you are seeing.

--- Carsten Standfuss <Merlinsub@t-online.de> wrote:

> Its called a "Rebreather"
>
> http://www.euronaut.org/Tauchgeraete.html
>
> or search in the Internet.
>
> Best regrads Carsten
>
> s ï l k y N?³ schrieb:
> >
> > Hey Guys,
> > Watched a program about deep see diving on N24
> last night. It was mainly
> > about subs n rovs. they showed an interesting
> scuba kit that works with a
> > small scrubber and a secondary lung. if I
> understood correctly the co2 was
> > not permanently absorbed into the scrubbing agent.
> It was in fact expelled
> > from a hole behind the divers head. This kit
> looked very impressive as the
> > amount of expelled gas was minimal, about a small
> fist sized bubble every 10
> > seconds(no idea of depth). Fairly small and
> compact they said it increased
> > the dive time x5
> >
> > dose anyone here know where to get these from. or
> what they are actualy
> > called.
> >
> > there was also an interview with the deep flight
> team. if any of you are on
> > this list then Congratulations to you.
> >
> > silky

> > Sie suchen E-Mails, Dokumente oder Fotos? Die neue
> MSN Suche Toolbar mit
> > Windows-Desktopsuche liefert in sekundenschnelle
> Ergebnisse. Jetzt neu!
> > http://desktop.msn.de/ Jetzt gratis downloaden!

> with the US Federal
> > CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.  Your email address appears
> in our database
> > because either you, or someone you know, requested
> you receive messages
> > from our organization.
> >
> > If you want to be removed from this mailing list
> simply click on the
> > link below or send a blank email message to:
> >         removeme-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
> >
> > Removal of your email address from this mailing
> list occurs by an
> > automated process and should be complete within
> five minutes of
> > our server receiving your request.
> >
> > PSUBS.ORG
> > PO Box 311
> > Weare, NH  03281
> > 603-529-1100

> the US Federal
> CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.  Your email address appears in
> our database
> because either you, or someone you know, requested
> you receive messages
> from our organization.
>
> If you want to be removed from this mailing list
> simply click on the
> 	removeme-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
>
> Removal of your email address from this mailing list
> occurs by an
> automated process and should be complete within five
> minutes of
> our server receiving your request.
>
> PSUBS.ORG
> PO Box 311
> Weare, NH  03281
> 603-529-1100

Sell on Yahoo! Auctions ? no fees. Bid on great items.
http://auctions.yahoo.com/