Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] My "Hammerhead" 1atm sub design-

Hi,

The reclined seating position is much like what Phil
Nuytten did with his Deepworker design. Poke around at
the Nuytco Research Ltd. website at:

http://www.nuytco.com/deepworker.html

Regards,
Ray

--- RiskEverything21@aol.com wrote:

> The only reason it's titled back instead of forwards
> is due  to ergonomics.
> We "sit" in a reclined position, so the cylinder had
> to  be similarly reclined
> to fit a person in such a small vessel (sit  down in
> a chair with a tape
> measurer and see just how small a 3' diameter
> cylinder will be!). However, with
> the current design, the trim tank could  be filled
> to tilt the sub to a "looking
> down" attitude and it could be operated  like that.
> A five-point harness
> would be required to keep you from  falling/sliding
> out of the seat.
>
> If you tilted the cylinder forwards and designed it
> around a leaning
> forwards piloting position it could be doable.
> Measure yourself, get out a ruler  and
> paper and make a sketch. I'd be interested to see
> what you come up with. I
> made my sketch to a simple 1"-1' scale.
>
> Perhaps a 6' diameter cylinder would allow a
> reclined seating  position in a
> forward-tilted cylinder? It would certainly be large
> enough  to two people to
> sit side-by-side. A 6' cylinder could also be set
> perfectly  vertical.... For
> now, I'm going to keep designing around a 3'
> cylinder because I  think it
> would be easier to find (and require less ballast to
> submerge it, less  power to
> propel it, etc.)
>
> In a message dated 4/12/2005 10:17:21 A.M. Eastern
> Daylight Time,
> rbelljr@centurytel.net writes:
>
> Nice...  But what about moving everything to  lean
> forward, so youre looking
> out and down?

Make Yahoo! your home page
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs